Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Thailand II


            The first part of this blog series was based on the foods that I found at or around Bangkok. These, on the other hand, are foods that I found in the island of Ko Pha Ngan. You will see dishes more heavily on seafood, but I also tried to find typical Thai foods to keep it more diverse and so I could try everything I wanted to try in Thailand. The seafood was extremely fresh and the abundance of fruit was incredible. The pineapple here was the best I've ever tried, and I look forward to trying it again. So without further do, here are is part ii:
Squid Pad Thai. No Pad Thai I've ever had can even come close to this perfection.




Kaeng Phet (Red) Chicken Curry.


Phanaeng shrimp curry. 
Extremely fresh coconut shake. I saw the guy climb the tree after I ordered it. 

 Roasted snapper thai style. Best fish dish I have ever had in my life.
 Pineapple fried rice with peanuts. A little gimmicky, but how can you say no to this.

Honestly, I’m pretty sure this was stewed pork intestine, but I’m not positive.

 Roast duck over jasmine rice.
 Fruit and shake stand. Incredible selection for under a dollar.

Egg fried rice. The breakfast of champions.
I ended the trip with a bang. Nam tok, or a spicy soup enriched with pig’s blood. Served with roasted duck and egg noodles, this may have been my favorite meal of the trip.

            Thailand was great overall, especially when it came to food. Although I enjoyed every little bit of it, I couldn't wait to go back to China to eat my favorite foods again. I guess it really is starting to feel like a home away from home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment